“Slip and fall” is a case based on a person who is injured after slipping, tripping, or falling on someone else’s property. Often cases seek to establish that a property owner was negligent by allowing a dangerous condition to exist that caused the slip or fall.
In order for a property owner to be held liable for a slip and fall accident, it must have been foreseeable that his negligence would create the danger at issue. It must be demonstrated that the owner:
- Created the condition;
- Knew of the condition but negligently failed to correct it; or
- Should have discovered and corrected it prior to the slip and fall incident in question.
Can a lawyer help?
Slip and fall cases don’t typically fall into the do-it-yourself category. Successful outcomes depend upon a blend of complex factors, including:
- Understanding legal nuances between local laws and state or federal laws
- Knowing how property types and ownership factor in
- Identifying all responsible parties
- Obtaining credible medical records
- Properly documenting witness statements and/or expert testimony
- Calculating damages
- Accurately assessing the merits of your case
- Evaluating all available legal options
Lawyers who specialize in slip and fall cases have comprehensive knowledge of personal injury law and years of experience. That expertise enables them to identify and resolve the unique legal issues of your particular case.
What’s my next step?
First, you’ll want to find out the legal merits of your claim. Most attorneys offer free initial consultations to prospective clients. Use this opportunity to obtain valuable information about your case; ascertain the lawyer’s experience with your case type; and to determine how to ensure a favorable settlement. There is likely a limited time to file your claim, due to the statue of limitations, so acting quickly is recommended.
Submit the form at right for a free case review
OR call us toll free at: 1-888-675-7179